At Spicers, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact
Sustainable development creates value for Spicers stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, employees, as well as the environment. As one of Canada’s leading distributors of printing products, we recognize that our products and our business have an influence on the environment. We have put practical measures in place to ensure we mimimize that impact:
- We are committed to recycling and managing our waste properly.
- We support forestry certifications that are socially beneficial and economically viable through our Chain-of-Custody certifications.
- We reduce our carbon footprint by seeking compliance with a variety of ongoing, positive initiatives.
Some of our partners’ sustainability measures include:
- Using certified forest fibre.
- Finding alternative renewable energy sources.
- Reducing chemical, energy and water usage and effluent.
- Manufacturing products that contain recycled content.
Across Canada, we work hard to ensure that our product range continues to meet the changing needs of our customers with minimal impact on the environment.
As a merchant business, managing over 800,000 square feet of warehouse space and delivering over 200,000 tonnes of prod.uct each year, our main sustainability focus is on improving our supply chain.